Pals Blog Hop | Sunshine Pocket for Random Acts of Kindess Week
Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop!
This month, our blog hop team made projects to celebrate Random Acts of Kindness Week, which is February 14-20! We hope you will be inspired by all the beautiful creations the Pals made for you! As you hop from blog to blog, we would love for you to leave a comment. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
This little sunshine pocket is my favorite Random Act of Kindness (RAK) to give when I travel. It is easy to make, compact, holds a ton of stuff and fits into a clear envelope. Here you can see a completely packaged front view.
Here you can see a view of the completely packaged back where I include a message of thanks.
Here is a sampling of what’s inside this pocket of sunshine.
Let’s Make It!
Here are some pictures that show you step by step instructions on how to create this triple pocket. Whichever side of the paper you want showing on the outside bottom and back needs to be face down when you start.
Once you’ve completed the steps above simply refold, carefully remove the Tear & Tape backing of each layer and press firmly to adhere. Sometimes when I am making a lot of these I will sew an L shape (see image above these steps) instead of using adhesive to save time. If you decide to sew them, make sure to give it a backstitch at the start and finish. Next you can leave leave it plain as is or add a die cut sentiment like I did.
Pocket Stuffing Ideas
Here are some suggestions of what to stuff in the pockets. I like to stick to items that are individually wrapped, fairly flat and light weight as to not add too much bulk when traveling.
- Tea Bag
- Starbucks Via Instant Coffee
- Small Sewing Kit
- Short Nail File
- Mints such as individually wrapped Mentos, Life Savers or Tic Tac mini packs
- First Aid items such as bandaids and alcohol wipes that are individually wrapped
- Gift Cards
- Flat Chocolates like Ghirardelli temperature permitting (don’t want it to melt)
I hope you’ll give this RAK a try and spread a little kindness wherever you go. They are guaranteed to brighten someone’s day!
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on March 8th, when our theme will be Party Time, showcasing cards/projects that celebrate our family and friends.
Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs –YOU ARE HERE
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose