Pals Blog Hop – Seascape Hello
Hello, welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our Design Team’s theme is “Fun Ways to Use Your Stampin’ Up! Products” where we show our favorite product tips. We hope you enjoy and will be inspired by them! Don’t forget to leave comments! We love hearing from you. At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Just having returned from a little beach getaway I felt compelled to use the Seascape Bundle to create today’s card.
Let’s Make the Background
- Cut a piece of watercolor paper to desired size.
- Take your clear block and drop a few drops of Bermuda Bay Stampin’ Ink Refill onto it.
- Mist lightly with water using the Stampin’ Spritzer.
- Turn the block over and press onto the watercolor paper.
- Remove block and set aside to dry thoroughly.
Let’s Make the Fish
- I used the Classic Stampin’ Ink Refills to create this fun piece I cut the fish from.
- Having a glass mat or any other mat that wipes clean makes this technique easy as you simply place random drops from the Ink Refills onto the mat.
- Take the Stampin’ Spritzer and spritz the drops with water.
- Grab a piece of watercolor paper and smoosh into the wet ink.
- Let dry and then run it through the Cut & Emboss Machine with the fish die.
- This die is leaves the fish actually attached to the paper and does not completely cut it out.
- For this project I used my Paper Snips to cut those few small attached areas so I could have a completely free fish.
Have fun with your dies, no one says you have to punch out all those pieces. As you can see here, I only did a select few on the fish and left the rest be. I did cut a tiny piece of Basic Black and attach it behind the eye. Another fun thing about this card is the beautiful Pool Party Sheer Ribbon which is randomly tucked behind the coral die piece. This adds an extra depth to the card as if the fish was swimming though the water. No one says you have to make bows. LOL.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for our next blog hop on July 14th for “Wonderful Cards from the Garden” when our Design Team creates a project with flowers or scenes from the garden. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty!
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Jennifer Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps INK
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations