Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for January 2017. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our 2017 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month our projects showcase themes that are “from the heart.” This includes any of the following themes… Valentine’s Day, Thinking of You, Get Well and/or Sympathy. We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and that you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
I have a super fun card for you today, a 4 Easel Card.
Now, it didn’t look like too much in the first picture but here is where it gets the fun starts. This is a view over the top where all 4 of the easels are up and on display.
These next few images will give you a closer view of the sides.
So what do you think? Are you ready to make one? Here’s how:
Base = 1 at 5-3/4″x5-3/4″
Layer #2 = 1 at 5-1/2″x5-1/2″
Same Color as Base = 4 at 2-1/2″x2-1/2″
Same Color as Layer #2 = 4 at 2-1/4″x2-1/4″
DSP Layer = 4 at 2″x2″
Same Color as Base = 4 at 2-1/5″x5″
Score all 4 pieces at 1-1/4″ and 2-1/2″
Take these last 4 pieces and make 2 mountain folds. As you can see I made a boo boo and wrote “valley” in the picture below. We are all human, right?!
- Assemble base and layer #2. Use a pencil and ruler, find center of layer #2 and make a small dot.
- Assemble all smaller pieces from Step 2 and attach to Step 3 pieces. These are now the easel pieces.
- Attach 1 easel piece to the base layers using the small dot for placement reference. Make sure to face the opening towards the outside edges of layer #2. Rotate the next easel, attach, etc. until all 4 pieces are attached.
- Lastly make sure you have something to catch the easel. In this case I used clouds with a dimensional underneath.
I hope you have fun making one! Remember, the sky is the limit on these. Stamp, decorate, embellish, etc. and make it your own. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask as I am happy to help.
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Staci Rivera at Clever Bow Tie Designs
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Sara Hicks Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
Today’s Supply List:
12 thoughts on “Pals Blog Hop: From the Heart”
That is an awesome and unique layout! I love it and the directions! A double win.
Wow, Tricia! This card fold is fantastic for your showcase of this product suite! LOVE how you used the clouds to hold the easel!! Thanks for sharing, Pal!!
OMG Tricia, this is so clever!! And how generous of you to provide the directions. Always so glad to see your posts.
WOW! This card is amazing! Thanks for sharing directions too! Perfect fun fold for these balloons!
Tricia, OMG!!! This is a fabulous project ☺️ Thanks for sharing the how to details too, I’m definitely CASEing this!
Showstopper for sure Tricia! Thank you for the tutorial as well. Off to pin this fantastic project!
This fold is fantastic! Thanks for sharing the directions!
Whoa….! Amazing card and presentation, Tricia! How thoughtful of you to share the directions for your fun 4-easel fold! Thank you!
Ok – YOU MADE MY COFFEE….I cannot wait to try to make this. You know I get a bit challenge with cards out of my “simple norm” but with your amazing directions….I think I can do it!
SUPER FUN card, thanks for the smile and inspiration.
Beautiful cards, detailed tutorial and creative photography, Tricia!! Well done!
Pingback: 22 Pals Paper Crafting Picks of the Week! | Stampin' Pretty