Pals Blog Hop – Retirement Fun Fold Party
Welcome to the Pals’ Blog Hop! We’re so glad you’re here because we made some great projects for our Retirement Fun Fold Party – showcasing our favorite products from the Holiday Catalog that will be leaving us forever. You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
My Project – Z Fold with a Twist
I decided to create an easy Z fold card with a twist. This card has WOW factor but it fairly quick and easy to make. Let’s face it, the holidays are in full swing and time is precious. Here is a front view which looks like a totally normal card.
When you open it, it folds out and makes a Z shape. You can do a lot with these as they make beautiful displays and stand on their own.
The twist is that I made the back into a gift card holder. Must use ALL the spaces!!! LOL!
A full view of the back. You can see I adhered a strip of the Brightly Gleaming Specialty Designer Series Paper. The copper foiling is so gorgeous! I used a circle punch to make a thumb notch, making it easier to insert and remove the gift card.
Here is one last view from above.
Make Your Own
Here are the measurements to create your own.
- 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ – Cut 2 (Pretty Peacock Cardstock)
- 4-3/4″ x 3-1/2″ – Cut 2 (Brightly Gleaming SDSP)
- 4-1/2″ x 3-1/4″ – Cut 1 (Very Vanilla Thick Cardstock)
- 11″ x 3-1/4″ – Cut 1 (Very Vanilla Thick Cardstock) Score at 4-1/2″ & 9″
- 2″ x 2-3/8″ – Cut 1 (Brightly Gleaming SDSP) Small front sentiment background piece
- 1-1/2″ x 2″ – Cut 1 (Very Vanilla Thick Cardstock) Small front sentiment piece
- 3-3/4″ x 1-3/4″ – Cut 1 (Brightly Gleaming SDSP) Gift card holder
TIP: Adhere the card front last to ensure everything gets lined up. You just need to put glue onto the small flap which will give you a chance to line everything up.
I hope you enjoyed my project as much as I enjoyed making it. Such a great way to give a gift card.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations. Mark your calendars for Wednesday, January 8th, for our Time to Sale-A-Brate blog hop when our Design Team showcase projects using brand new products from the new mini catalog and Sale-A-Bration brochure. Don’t miss the fun!
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
Here is a fun little outtake starring my little Oreo cookie girl who loves to “help” me.
Time to stock up and save on your favorite Stampin’ Up! products! What’s the big occasion? On December 11 only, Stampin’ Up! is offering FREE shipping on orders of $50 or more (before tax). This incredible deal lasts for 24 hours only, so head over and stock up or treat yourself today!
Today’s Supply List: