Welcome to the Pals’ Blog Hop! We’re so glad you’re here because this month’s theme is “Art from the Heart” and we think you’re going to love it! You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I wanted to make a special card for my Valentine aka the Butter portion of ButterDish Designs. If you don’t know the story please see the About Me tab above. I took a photo we had taken on our 10th anniversary trip last year, made it black & white, and printed it miniature size to use on the card. It is definitely art from the heart and I think he is going to love it!
Die Used: Detailed Hearts
I love the Detailed Hearts Die and used it here by watercoloring some Balmy Blue ink onto watercolor paper. This die is large and can be used for a full card front or cut apart like you see here.
You also get some great heart confetti from the die cut outs which I adhered right below the sentiment on the card front, upper right hand corner of the picture, on the envelope and on the inside of the card.
Stamp Sets Used:
Card Front – Modern Heart (Sentiment) / Painted Poppies (Splatter)
Card Interior – Meant To Be (Sentiments) / Painted Poppies (Splatter)
Envelope – Painted Poppies (Splatter)
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for Wednesday, March 11th, for our “Critter Card” blog hop when our Design Team showcase projects with animals, birds, butterflies or insects. Don’t miss the fun!
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Leah O’Brien at Ink, Paper, Stamps, Oh My!
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
Today’s Supply List:
8 thoughts on “Detailed Hearts for the Pals “Art from the Heart” Blog Hop”
I love every aspect of this card! The hearts with splatter and the splatter in different places are perfect to me. I wish we had a variety of sizes in splatter! This is a layout that is wonderful. Great job!
I love, love, love this card, Tricia! It’s perfect for that special person in our lives!
Tricia, this is great! I love the way you colored the hearts, and added the splatter!
Tricia your card is amazing! The “butter” part of the relationship is going to cherish this forever!
So sweet! Love the sweet but masculine feel with the perfect amount of grunge to make him okay liking it! LOL Love it!!
Love everything about this card Trisha! You are so creative, girl! Love the coloring of the heart grouping, love the photo on the card, it’s perfect! 🙂
Adorable picture Tricia! And the card ain’t bad either. Thank you for the beautiful inspiration.
Pingback: Art From The Heart - Pals Blog Hop | Queen B Creations