Welcome to the Pals’ Blog Hop! We’re so glad you’re here. You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. This month we are celebrating the 10th anniversary of the Pals Blog Hop with “Critters” from the Stampin’ Pretty Pals. Many of the design team members are offering “Mystery Blog Candy” of their choice to 1 lucky winner. To play along, just leave a comment on as many blog posts as desired. A random winner will be announced on a subsequent blog post by each participating design team member. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Smile Shaker Card
Can you believe the Pals Blog Hop has been going strong for 10 years now? I’ve been a Stampin’ Pretty Pal for 10 years this coming June but I didn’t start hopping until June 2015. You can see my very first Pals Blog Hop HERE.
I had so much fun creating this month’s celebratory Critter Card. I created a shaker card using layers of Whisper White Cardstock rather than Foam Adhesive Strips.
- To start you will need 2 – 8.5″ x 11″ sheets of Whisper White Thick Cardstock cut into the following:
- 1 piece cut to 4.25″ x 11″ (Scored at 5.5″) – This will be your card base.
- 5 pieces cut to 4.25″ x 5.5″ – These will be used with the circle dies. Save the last piece for stamping.
- You will also need 1 piece of Window Sheet cut to 4.25″ x 5.5″.
- Using the Layering Circle Dies cut out varying sizes of circles from the 5 pieces of Whisper White Cardstock that are cut to 4.25″ x 5.5″. I used the largest circle and the next 4 consecutive sizes.
- Use the previous cut piece to line up the next Layering Circle Die on a magnetic die cutting platform as seen below.
- When you are finished you should have all the pieces in the picture below plus the extra piece which you will use to stamp on.
- Use the outside white piece over the Window Sheet to see exactly where you would like your sentiment to go. Stamp the sentiment onto the Window Sheet using StazOn so it doesn’t smear.
- Use a blending brush to color the inner circle of the 4 smaller sized cut outs. The largest one stays white. I used Rococo Rose, So Saffron, Mint Macaron and Seaside Spray to color mine as I wanted a softer looking rainbow. You do not have to color the entire piece as all but the center will be covered up. Put them together and check to see if you have the coverage you want prior to assembling.
- Start assembling your circle layers. I used Multipurpose Liquid Glue for this step and worked my way outwards from the Whisper White Thick Cardstock card base. Make sure to glue the backside of the layer above, applying glue around the circle and outer edges. This is needed so the sequins do not get in between the layers.
- I also stamped some tiny butterflies on the Whisper White Thick Cardstock card base.
- Once you adhere the last colored layer and stamped the center if you wish, add sequins as seen below.
- Glue the Window Sheet piece to the back of the front plain white piece. Be careful not to put too much glue on to where it squishes out the sides.
- Add glue to the back of the Window Sheet along the outside of the circle and along the edges.
- The last step is to stamp, color, die cut and adhere any decorative pieces you have. For my card I used the adorable raccoon from the Special Someone Stamp Set and the coordinating dies. The great thing about this stamp set is that it is a Two-Step Stampin’ set; it allows you to layer two or more images to create one final image with extra texture and dimension in the colors you want. I only used markers to color the butterflies, flower centers and tiny bit of grass beneath the Raccoon’s feet.
- Don’t forget to decorate your envelope and card interior to match while you are stamping.
Thank you so much for stopping by, hopping along and celebrating with us! Speaking of celebrating…….
I’m offering (as are many of the other Pals) mystery blog candy (ie: Stampin’ Up! goodies) to one lucky winner. FOR YOUR CHANCE TO WIN, please share a comment below with your favorite way to make someone smile. Please only play once per blog. The winner will be randomly chosen from the comments on this blog post before Friday, March 13th, 2020.
Deadline for comments is Friday, March 13th, at NOON Mountain Time. I’ll choose a random comment and announce the winner later that day on on my Blog.
Note: I can only ship within the U.S. Winner has 24 hours from the announcement of the winner to email me their name and mailing address. Keep posted!
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for Wednesday, April 8th, for our “Special Occasions” blog hop when our Design Team showcase projects for weddings, graduation, anniversary, baby, Mother’s/Father’s Day or any special occasion. Don’t miss the fun!
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty First Hop – January 2010
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts First Hop – May 2011
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian First Hop – June 2012
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards First Hop – September 2012
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping First Hop – March 2013
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping First Hop – March 2013
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations First Hop – August 2013
- Amanda Merrill at Inkflair First Hop – April 2014
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’ First Hop – May 2014
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom First Hop – September 2014
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity First Hop – January 2015
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose First Hop – January 2015
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs First Hop – June 2015 — YOU ARE HERE
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds First Hop – July 2015
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit First Hop – September 2015
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’ First Hop – August 2016
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’ First Hop – September 2016
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping First Hop – April 2017
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot! First Hop – May 2017
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art First Hop – June 2017
- Leah O’Brien at Ink, Paper, Stamps, Oh My! First Hop – February 2018
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink First Hop – June 2018
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen First Hop – October 2019
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink First Hop – November 2019
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping First Hop – January 2020
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life First Hop – March 2020
Today’s Supply List: