Hello, welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our Design Team created projects where “It’s the Sentiment that Counts.” We hope you enjoy and will be inspired by them! Don’t forget to leave comments! We love hearing from you. At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Do you remember this famous line from It’s a Wonderful Life? Such a sweet sentiment and I thought it would be fun to make a card with it.
Make the Wings
I took the wing die from the Detailed Dove Dies and made a pair of angel wings to accompany the sentiment. You can make the wings by doing the following:
- Cut out two wings.
- Reverse one and gently use your bone folder to rub out the crease lines from the back side. Using the backside of your Stamparatus Deluxe Foam Mat helps cushion the die cut while you rub out the die impressions.
- Take each wing and coat on opposite sides with VersaMark. Sprinkle clear embossing powder and heat emboss. Do all of these steps twice on each wing.
- When adhering to the card front I applied small amount of Multipurpose Glue to top inside portion and curved the wings outward with my fingers.
I used stamps from the Dove of Hope set on the inside of the card and the envelope. I colored with coordinating Stampin’ Blends. I think the stamp matches the Sprig Punch details on the front of the card really well.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for our next blog hop on October 14th when our theme is “Tag, You’re It!” Participants will showcase tags or 3D items that will be great for gifts for any occasion. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft room.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop Line-up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Leah O’Brien at Honey Bee Stamping & More!
- Dacia Smith at My Creative Days
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Diana Carr at The Secret Life of Paper
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Christine Eck at Dances With Hooves Paper Design
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps INK
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin’ Pink Rose
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
Today’s Supply List: