Welcome to the Pals’ July Blog Hop! We’re so glad you’re here because we made some great projects that are “Mixing It Up” – adding texture that will really take your projects up a notch – or two! You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
So in my craft room, I have this drawer (who am I kidding….a shelf too) where I have a plethora of items to decorate, alter, etc. If I come across something I think I can use in a project at some point, it goes into one of these two areas in my craft room. Do you have one of these areas? Please tell me I am not alone. For today’s project I picked out this cute little 6.5″ x 6.5″ shadowbox tray and went to work. It has a great mix of textures from the tray itself down to the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder used on the Balmy Blue Cardstock.
You can see the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder better in the close up below. The sentiment comes from the Above the Clouds stamp set and was quit fitting for these little birdies.
I chose the flower from the Bird Ballad Trinkets, which added a beautiful metal element into the mix. The Bird Ballad Trinkets also have a key, leaf and the most adorable bow. They are a great way to add a little something extra or a unique finishing touch.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations. Mark your calendars for Wednesday, August 14, 2019 when our Hoppin’ Pals share their “Special Occasions” projects. Don’t miss the fun!
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Jill Killeen at Killeen House Studio
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs – YOU ARE HERE
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Terri George at Stamp Me Crafty
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Leah O’Brien at Stamping By The Bay
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
Today’s Supply List:
10 thoughts on “Pals Blog Hop – Mixing It Up”
I love your shadow box and the theme. Very elegant.
very nice, love the birds.
Beautiful 3D decor…
Tricia, your shadow box project is amazing! I love the colors and the way you added in the texture with the sweet birds 🙂 Thanks for sharing.
Tricia, this shadow box is filled with such sweet details! It is definitely right up my alley for home decor! Beautiful coloring and a poignant sentiment take it over the top! Love it!!
Very pretty home decor, Tricia! I want to come see what other fun stuff you have in your drawer (and shelf). I’m sure it’s just as wonderful as this shadowbox!
Such a pretty project, and those birds you colored are perfection!