Welcome to the Pals’ February blog hop. We’re so glad you’re here because it’s “Time to Sale-A-Brate”! Our Design Team created projects using Sale-A-Bration items to inspire you. You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I chose the Sale-A-Bration stamp set By the Bay which is free during Sale-A-Bration with a $50 purchase. Such a beautiful scene that you can make your own. Here is my finished card and matching envelope. The inside of the card matches the envelope. I will share pictures of the process below.
Here I used the Stamparatus and Stampin’ Write Markers to add individual colors rather than stamping in just one color. The Stamparatus allowed me to color tiny bits of the stamp in any color I chose and stamp them one by one without missing a beat. It held my card front in one spot as I added each color individually. Now, you may be thinking that this process would take forever but it was actually quite quick.
Once I was done adding all of my colors, I took the Blender Pen and drew some of the colors out. You can see this in the greenery and house below.
I created a mask and used sponge daubers to create the sunset using Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry and Pumpkin Pie. Once all three colors were on, I went back and added them again in order to blend them for a smoother look.
After I finished the sky, I flipped the post around and did the same sponge daubing technique for the sea.
Here it is with the sky and sea finished.
Finally I took the Blender Pen again and added just a little bit more color direct from the ink pad.
Here is another look at the finished card. I hope you enjoyed my project and make some time to get creative today!
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations. Mark your calendars for Wednesday, March 13, 2019 when our Hoppin’ Pals share their “Spring Has Sprung” projects. Don’t miss the fun!
Pals Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Jill Killeen at The Killeen House Studio Blog
- Terri George at Stamp Me Crafty
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Linda Suarez at All Night Stamping
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Sara Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Leah O’Brien at Stamping By The Bay
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs—You Are Here—
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Christine Eck at Dances with Hooves
Today’s Supply List:
6 thoughts on “Pals Blog Hop – Time to Sale-A-Brate!”
Wow! So beautiful! I love your tips for using the Stamparatus to color the stamp. Very inspiring!
Girl – this is dropdead gorgeous! I love this card and really appreciate the photos of the process. I have to ink this one up now. Thanks for inspiring me!
Pingback: Pals February 2019 Blog Hop - Time to Sale-a-Brate - All Night Stamping
Amazing coloring, Tricia! Just beautiful!
This card is truly a work of art! I want to live in that house at the beach 🙂 Thanks for sharing.
Tricia, your artistic effort really paid off on this card… it is a treat for the eyes!!! Wowza!